What is up friends and family!!! I hope you all had an awesome week, because mine was pretty great!!!
Wednesday: We went to a thrift store, drew names out of a hat, and bought shirts for who we drew. I got a nice pink shirt that doesn't look too bad. After that we got to play some tennis with the other distrcit and I was a little better thatn I thought I would be!! Then we had an awesome institute class that was on President Nelson’s talk "Overcome the World and Find Rest"
Thursday: We had an awesome visit with Bro. Mcquaid who is a great member of the ward. Then we knocked some doors and found Chris, who coincidently enough had just been talking about the Book of Mormon with one of his friends! Then we met Greg who is super down to earth and is willing to grow closer to God!
Friday: We went to a park and met a group of friends that plays soccer together, read a scripture with them, and we're meeting up wtih them this week to play with them and talk more about the Book of Mormon!! Then I had an awesome phone call visit with a person I found on Facebook that lives in Michigan!!
Saturday: We had an awesome lesson with Amanda who had a lot of questions about the Book of Mormon and what makes us different from other religions! Then we met with Angel and he is still doing good and loves learning more about our church and growing closer to God!! AWESOME THING: Our friend Anthony lives in Oxnard and woke up at 3am to walk to Camarillo to meet up with the ward and go to the temple with them. He loved the temple grounds and said he felt a lot of peace there!!!
Sunday: Both sacraments we went to were amazing!! We had someone that we found on Facebook come to chuch and she loved it!! We had a really good visit with our recent convert Miguel who is really cool!!! Then we heard the testimonies of the departing missionaries!
Monday: District Council was awesome! It was focused on having faith, gaining a testimony, and becoming converted to Jesus Christ! As well as how the covenants that we make with God help us to be better disciples of Jesus Christ! Then we had a mini exchange with Elder Lauaki and Loosle. Me and Elder Lauaki killed it and had a fun time!!
Tuesday: We had an awesome church tour with our friend Tiffany from Facebook that came to church! She loved it and enjoyed learning! We had an awesome visit with the Belisle famliy and stopped by a bunch of our friends!!
Wednesday: We ran a lot of errands to prepare for transfers. But in between all of the errands we were able to meet with Angel and stop by some more of our friends!!
TRANSFER NEWS: I am getting Elder Webb staying here in Ventura and we get to train a new missionary!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love this quote from Elder Gong’s Christmas Devotional talk:
"May we grant each other our new possibilities instead of fixating on our past limitations. Let’s give the new Scrooge in each of us a chance to change."
I love that at this Christmas time we get to focus on Jesus Christ and become changed through him!! Go read the rest of the talk and the scrooge thing makes sense 🙂
Love you all have a great week!!
Pics:
1. Elder Lauaki
2. Proud picture
3. Elder Brian
4. Other proud picture




No comments:
Post a Comment