Heyyoooo!! I Hope you all had an awesome week, I sure did!!
Thursday: I was with Elder Richardson all day and we had a lot of fun!! We were able to go to a country club in Thousand Oaks. A member works there so he let us hit balls on the driving range for free, then he also gave us free lunch which was really nice of him! It was fun being with that district for the last time, just laughing and having a good time!! We were able to go to sportsnight one last time, and that is always really fun!!
Friday: Transfer day was crazy. I woke up early, got to the meet up spot at 6:15am and saw some familiar faces. It is always really fun to talk with fellow missionaries! Then I made my way to Oxnard and met up with my awesome companion Elder Brian!!! We were stuck at that meet up spot for a while waiting for our car, so we got to know each other, called some of our friends. Then we we got to see the new missionaries and they are so full of energy and excitement, it is amazing!! We were finally able to make it out and go shopping, then we stopped by a couple of our friends!
Saturday: We had the opportunity to help out the Red Cross at a bike race they were putting on and I was able to see someone from Newbury(an old area) and it was fun to catch up with her. After that service we had to help a companionship run some errands. Then we had an awesome lesson with our friend Angel, who we put on date for Oct. 25th, hopefully he is able to hold to that date!
Sunday: I got to know the ward decently well. They are all amazing people, and have amazing testimonies. I loved hearing all of their experiences and learning from them!! After church we had a really good surprise lesson with our friend Richard! He is super humble and willing to learn, I can't wait to continue to teach him! Then I had the pleasure of meeting Susana an amazing recent convert and Davy who is a returning member!
Monday: District council was amazing! We talked about the importance to responding promptly to our friends and having a good friendship with them. We had a great dinner with Sister Shafer who is the sweetest lady, who invited her neighbor to join us and we had to yell the whole time because he doesn't hear well...
Tuesday: We had the privilege to attend a meeting with President Rodriguez and I learned a lot from him. He talked about how we can best find joy in this work and the amazing opportunity that we have to help other find joy! He also talked about the importance of loving and supporting our companions and the best ways to uplift and strengthen them!! After that meeting I found someone on Facebook to start teaching and we set up a couple visits!
I loved this week, not a whole lot got done because we had to help out other missionaries, but this week is going to be a good one!!
I love this quote from Preach My Gospel:
“Having the guidance of the Holy Ghost in your life requires spiritual work. This work includes fervent prayer and consistent scripture study. It also includes keeping your covenants and God’s commandments. … It includes worthily partaking of the sacrament each week.”
It's amazing that if we want the spirit to be with us more, all we have to do is study the scriptures and pray! It won't be easy to make time for these things, but they are worth it!!
Pics:
1. The district
2. Elder Brian
3. Elder Richardson
4. Jesus Christ
5. Cool Picture





No comments:
Post a Comment