HAPLY 4TH OF JULY!!! Just remember all the fireworks are celebrating my year mark as a missionary 😉 jkjk I love this county, I'm grateful for the men and women who have risked and many who lost there lives to defend it!!! Hope you all have an amazing 4th of July!
Wednesday: It was a really fun preparation day! We went to one district activity and played volleyball, four on the couch, and a little bit of soccer! Then we went to our district activity and played some basketball!! Then we had an awesome visit with the Seguine family and had a great discussion with them about sharing the gospel with everyone!
Thursday: Did some service on a ladies farm, got to pet some goats and see an alpaca which was pretty cool! Knocked a lot of doors and talked to a lot of nice people, but none willing were to listen
Friday: Had an awesome lesson with our friend Gary, put him on date for baptism, he's super ready and I'm excited to keep teaching him more!! We met Oz, who's super into cars, gave him a pamphlet and we are stopping by this week!
Saturday: I had an amazing time meeting President and Sister Rodriguez, they are amazing! They talked a lot about God's timing and how we are all here, at this time, in our specific areas, for a reason! They've had some cool experiences while preparing to become mission presidents and I know I will continue to have them as a missionary! While we were tracting, we found 2 Spanish people, I loved struggling through those contacts, talked to some fun people, just don't want us to come back...
Sunday: Our fast and testimony meeting was great! We had the opportunity to teach the 11-16 year old Sunday school class, that was really fun, we made resurrection rolls to help them remember the Come Follow Me lesson on the resurrection! Then we stopped by a lot of previously taught records, not much came from that, but we had a good time!
Monday: District Council was amazing! We talked about the importance of listening and how that can impact those we teach! It was all centered around listening to the Holy Ghost and listening to those we are teaching! The Moorpark fireworks were last night, so a lot of people were getting ready to leave and didn't want to talk to us...
I love this quote from David A. Bednar from Oct 2016 Cenference, "Believing Him—accepting as true His power and promises—invites perspective, peace, and joy into our lives" I love peace and joy that I have felt this last year as a missionary and the love I have for the people here in California!! Love you all, have a great week!!!
Pics:
1. Cool sky
2. Caught last Wednesday(Elder McKenzies fish)
3. California
4. Paragliders in the sky!




No comments:
Post a Comment