Wednesday: I had a great last preparation day in Paso! We went and had a mini pickleball tournament that was really fun! That night packed up all my bags, and we had a lesson with Flores family(I really miss them)!
Thursday: Transfer day!!! Got up real early, made it to Santa Maria, had my final goodbye with Elder Tate... then hopped in a car and drove down to Goleta, caught up with Elder Clawson, Elder Hokenson, amd Elder Novac, then kept driving to Oxnard, dropped of an Elder, and drove to Newbury, where I met my new comps, then we headed over here to Moorpark, and got to work! We went tracting, found potential people, and started off the transfer great!
Friday: Did some service to set up for the Hoedown, had a great lesson with our friend Gary, who mentioned how he really wants the Holy Ghost, which I totally understand, the Holy Ghost is amazing!!!! Then we went to the Hoedown and had a blast, we helped people park, then had a great dinner there as well!
Saturday: Did some more service, yardwork for a nice man who hasn't been super interested in the past, hopefully we can get him!! Then lots of door knocking, that didn't lead to much, but you have to have the bad to appreciate the good!
Sunday: First Sunday in the ward was really good! Had an amazing musical number(I can do all things) and some great talks on missions, as well as having a testimony and what that really means! Later that night we had a great visit with the Nelson family, talked about Love, Share, and Invite! Then we had a dessert visit with the Satterwhite family, they were super fun and made some really good banana cream pie!!! Then I got to hear Jorge, from Simi Valley, bear his testimony to other recent converts on a zoom!!!
Monday: The first District Council here was amazing, kind of because I didn't have to plan it lol, but we talked a lot about relying on the Spirit, why it's so important and how we make sure we have it with us all the time! Then we helped the Hymas family move some furniture, they fed us an awesome lunch, then the rest of the day was full of studies, and planning...
Tuesday: We helped out with foodshare, gave food to the needy, it was amazing to see grateful people, and meet a lot of sweet people!! Then the worst tracting of my mission(maybe I'm just exaggerating), but everyone was not interested, and not nice when saying no... but to finish the day off, we talked with Prince, who is an awesome kid, who we gave a Book of Mormon to!!!
Read this quote this week and love it:
"A grand objective of mortality is not merely learning about the Only Begotten of the Father but also striving to know Him"
I love how this life is to grow closer to Him and everything we experience is to help us do that, and we have the scriptures to first know about it, so that we can truly know Him!!!
Hope your week was awesome, love you all, have a great week!
Pics:
Pickleball, Santa Maria, Last goodbye



No comments:
Post a Comment