Tuesday, July 12, 2022

First Full Week of Home MTC

 Hello, friends and family!! I hope that you all had a great week! Let me tell you about my amazing week!

Monday: 4th of July was great and if you read my last email then you know how that went
Tuesday: In my morning class we talked about how to study for somebody, and how to teach and be led by the spirit. Also how we need to love others and as we do so we will be blessed immensly. Then we had a welcome devotional about our missionary purpose and it was amazing, and I felt of the love that he has for me and all of his children. We had a devotional review that night and while doing that me and my district got to know each other super well!!
Wednesday: Another great day that I was able to have companionship study and grow closer to Elder Jackson more and get to know him and I can't wait to meet him in person! The biggest thing that stuck out to me in both classes that I had was that we are in the service of God and he will put those that are ready in our paths. Me and Elder Jackson had our first teaching appointment and it was so scary!! But we were able to answer some questions and looking back on it, it went a lot better than I thought. I was able to go to the temple with my family and we did Sealings, Inititory, and Baptisms, and it was awesome!!!!
Thursday: We had a morning devo about emotional resilliance and it was nice to hear the ways that othes deal with that. I am currently doing great emotionally, but I still feel that I don't know enough to teach, but am getting more confident each day. I had my second teaching appointment and it went a lot better than my first and it was cool to feel the Spirit guide me and Elder Jackson through it all!!
Friday: Another great day and I learned a lot about teaching through facebook, and posting on their as well, and making the posts effective. I went to Mallory's soccer game and it was nice to get out of the house. 
Saturday: I helped clean the church,then had a class about evaluating how me and Elder Jackson taught and we were able to laugh at ourselves but also recognize that it went a lot better than we thought. 
Sunday: It was a great day! I went to 2 farewells, one for Karter Kennington and the other was for Levi Jackman. It was awesome to hear their testimonies and I know they're going be great missionaries. A new couple in our ward talked about missionary work and one quote that stuck out to me was, "Don't let fear get in the way of a life time of blessings" He was talking about how many don't go on missions because they are scared. I am still scared but I know the Lord will help me through it all!!!
Overall: It was such a fun week full of classes, and one thing I thought was awesome was me and my district had a goodnight prayer and it was awesome to see how close we were able to grow together and I can't wait to meet them on Wednesday! Please email me about how your week went! 
Love you all and hope you have an awesome week!!!!!!


Pics:
1 and 2: pics with my district 
3. Me and Elder Kennington
4. Elders in our ward after dinner on saturday
5. Mallory's soccer game 
6. Temple trip with the fam!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Elder Reynolds