If you are seeing this it means that I survived my first full day at the home MTC. It has been a wonderful experience and I am excited to continue to get to know my district, my companion, and become a better missionary!!
My companion is Elder Jackson, he is from a small town in Oregon and loves his farm life and family. He is called to serve in California Ventura mission as well and is a great guy and I can't wait to get to know him and study with him.
I have 13 other people in my district and they are all wonderful people and I can't wait to get to know them and serve with them for these next few weeks!
Today in my first class which was taught by Sister Seal, we got to know our district a little bit and then talked about our purpose as missionaries. Which is to invite others to come unto christ and help them to feel the love that our Heavenly Father has for them. We also learned and practiced how to invite someone to be baptized which was a really cool experience. While practicing that with Elder Jackson I was able to feel of the love that our heavenly father has for all of us and his children, and the importance of baptism.
In my second class we learned a little bit more about our purpose and how to serve others well. It was really focused on serving others and seeing how as we serve others and love them, we will grow more ourselves than we could have ever imagined.
After all that craziness I played some board games with my family, then went and got some slushies!!!!
I know that this is the work that I need to be doing, and these are exerpiences that my Heavenly Father wants me to have, so that I can become a better missionary and serve and bless others. Hope you all have a great 4th of July and a fantastic week! Love you all and I'll talk to you guys next week!
Pictures
1. My district
2. Also my district
3. Board games with fam
4. Home MTC
No comments:
Post a Comment