Monday, July 1, 2024

Is This The End?!?

What’s up everybody!! Super crazy how this could by my last email, but we'll see how it goes!

Monday we had an awesome french toast party at a members house! Then that night we had a great lesson with our friend Ferny. He got one of the Book of Mormons that Mallory painted! Then we stopped by a ton of people!

Tuesday was district council. We had a great discussion on having the faith to find more people to teach. It's amazing how much can change when our mindset is positive and we have a desire to find and the faith that our Heavenly Father is preparing people!! Then while at the park we met a super awesome lady named India and hopefully she will progress well in the gospel! Then we had 2 friends come to our Book of Mormon class and they seemed to enjoy it!!

Wednesday we had a good visit with a less active family. They also wanted help with service, but the stuff needed did not come. Then as we were walking around an apartment complex we talked to Sonya who seems sweet!!! Then we proceeded to send 2 referrals to the Spanish Elders!!

Thursday I had an exchange. And I was with Elder Ernsberger! We had a lot of fun. But while in an apartment complex we felt kind of lost, then said a prayer in my heart wanting to be lead to who needed the gospel. Then we knocked a random building and on the 4th door we met Nestor! He and his wife just went to a new church to try it out, and seemed excited to read the Book of Mormon!! Then we has a great visit with the Dieny family!

Friday I was on another exchange, but this time I was with Elder Cutler! We had a great time and stopped by a lot of our friends. Then knocked a fun apartment complex and had a great conversation with a man named Vick, then met the Wills a less active family and chatted with them. Nothing too crazy happened.

Saturday morning we stopped by a ton of people and didn't have much luck. Met a nice man named Bob who was super nice and said we could come back! Then we had a great dinner at California Pizza Kitchen and I had a tostada pizza which was pretty good(picture below)

Sunday we had church, made some brownies for one of the Elders birthdays, and took them to him. Had weekly planning which takes a lot out of me lol. Had a great phone call lesson with a guy named Aaron that the Hermana's sent to us. Then had dinner at the Guido's home and then a gospel discussion zoom as a mission where we got to see Elder Kearon and his wife's words from the new missionary seminar! Sis. Kearon talked about the power and authority of our callings and how we can't take it for granted and Elder Kearon talked about the importance of boldness in asking people to be baptized and the importance of not giving up just becuase something is hard. He said, "The Lord uses tough times to allow the spirit to strengthen our testimonies" or something along those lines.

I love this quote from Amy A. Wright, "I learned in a profound way that deliverance from our trials is different for each of us, and therefore our focus should be less about the way in which we are delivered and more about the Deliverer Himself." As I have served my mission and kept my eyes on the Deliverer I have been strengthened, uplifted and blessed immensely because of the people that He has led me to and the experiences that I have had and I am excited for one more week of it!!!

Love you all, have a great week!!!

Pics:

1. Something fun while shopping

2. French toast

3. Ferny and the painted Book of Mormon

4. Elder Ernsberger

5. Pringles

6. Me and Elder Hobbs

7. Elder Cutler









No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Elder Reynolds