Hello friends and family, I hope you all had an amazing week, here is what mine was like!!!!
Monday was the last preparation day of the transfer, we went to the Ventura Cross and hiked around it a little bit, it is such pretty spot!!! Our YSA activity was mafia and our friends seemed to enjoy it!
Tuesday was the last district council of the transfer, we talked a lot about loving and serving others, as well as the importance of seeing them the way that God does. Then we had weekly planning at the cross(new profile pic was taken), had a great lesson with Dani and her member friend Ade! We met with the Ramirez family who were baptized last Sunday and they are all so excited to go to the temple!!
Wednesday we had a visit with Alexis and we said our goodbyes just in case one of us was transfered, she was super sad to hear that we weren't all staying together. We were able to go to a senior living home and sing for them, they all loved it and we brought them a lot of joy!! Had institute and learned about the importance of applying the scriptures and the blessings that come as we apply them!
Thursday I found out I was being transfered to Agoura Hills which is at the very bottom of my mission, so I packed up, and then visited the Griffeths, Susana and Davey, and Bro. Shepard. So I got to visit with all 3 of them, brother Shepard took us out to Woodranch which was amazing! Then had a lesson with the Ramirez family and said goodbye to them all!!
Friday was transfer day, so we met up with a bunch of missionaries at the mission office and I met my new companions, Elder Echols and Elder Brown, who I am excited to work with!! I got to see some members from a ward here that I used to serve in which was super nice!! Then I met the ward mission leader of the Agoura 2nd ward Brother Barrus and he fed us dinner and he is the nicest human being ever, constantly asking us if we have dinners and if not he'll cover us. So we are well taken care of!!
Saturday we helped the sisters in our district build a retaining wall and steps for a person they're teaching, then we thought we were done with service until we got a call from the district leader saying they had a mountain of mulch to move, so we went and helped them and that was tough! We got to go to dinner with the Lorenzens who are great member missionaries and have a desire to share the gospel online!!!!
Sunday I got to meet both wards. The Agoura 1st ward is a little small, but it is full of amazing people, the Agoura 2nd ward is a little bigger and has more young families! Both are great!! We went to a luncheon for Elder Arnold who is going to Australia Vietnamese speaking. I got to meet more ward members there and get to know them!!! We went to Bro. Brown’s house for dinner and got to know them!!!
"Testify that you know by the power of the Holy Ghost that what you teach is true. As you testify, the Holy Ghost can bear witness to others." -PMG Ch. 4
I love how a simple testimony can touch the hearts of many. It's been amazing go see the effect that the spirit has on others and the joy they are filled with as we testify to them about their Savior!
Hope the week treated you all well, I am excited to continue to serve in Agoura Hills and see the growth that this area will have!!!!
Pics:
Elder Echols, Brown, and Arnold, Ramirez family, Service, Sunset, Goodbye to Elder Pickrell and Webb, Davey and Susana, Sister Griffeth







No comments:
Post a Comment