Monday, February 26, 2024

Oxnard, Interviews, Craziness

What is up friends and family, I really hope you all are doing good, I feel your love, support, and prayers everyday!!! 

Monday we played ping pong and pool as a district which was super fun! We also celebrated Elder Pickrell's birthday!!! Then we went to the Griffeths for dinner and she made lemon fluff, which I had never had before, but it is so good! Then we went and had some fun at the YSA activity and helped our friend Pablo meet some new people! 

Tuesday we had district council that was all about finding joy in missionary work, what makes a successful missionary, and what our purpose is as missionaries. It was really nice to ponder those questions and recognize the joy I am feeling and be reminded of what our missionary purpose truly is. I got to be with Elder Hill for the day here in my area and it was a good day! We had a great lesson with our friend Jeff, a super spirit filled lesson with our friend Vanessa, and started teaching a lady named Maria who we'll have to pass off to the Oxnard Elders. 

Wednesday I spent the day in Oxnard with Elder Fields! He is an awesome missionary to serve with. We went and visited a lot of the friends they have in the area and we met Brandon. Brandon remembered the missionaries, but they hadn't been back in a while and he wanted to learn more, so we taught him and his 15 year old sister about the Book of Mormon and taught them how to pray!!! 

Thursday was interviews!!!! I love talking with President Rodriguez and learning from him! We had a discussion on becoming a consecrated missionary and the importance of putting other things aside and truly just becoming a missionary rather than only being on a mission. After interviews I went back to Oxnard with Elder Fields and we had an awesome lesson with Sylvia and her daughter Savanah, helped them pray and learn more about the power of the Book of Mormon!

Friday I finally got back to my area and had a great day!! We did service for a lady named Nichole which was super fun, plus she took us to lunch and we got to talk to her and her friend Nancy about the Book of Mormon and they're interested learning more!!! Then we had a lesson with Alexis!!! She brought us amazing gifts pictured down below. The Book of Mormons are amazing and she is the sweetest for getting them for us. All 3 of us are still going crazy over how amazing they are!! Then we ended the day on a sad note telling our friend Erick that he needs to wait to be baptized... But he is willing to do what it takes and has high faith! 

Saturday was a great day! We went to the swap meet which is a fun way to mix up the ways we find people. While we were there we found a family that wants to learn more about the gospel!! Then we went to our favorite part of town and I had to pull out the little bit of Spanish I know and it worked out and we got some phone numbers for the Hermanas to call!! Then we visited the Ramirez family and found out the mom won't be able to get Baptized this Sunday, but the kids are able to and hopefully they want to!!! 

Sunday was a crazy busy day. We went to a stake missionary meeting, had an awesome sacrament meeting, Elder Pickrell gave a great talk, and we had the Ramirez family come and they loved it again, our friend Nichole that we helped move absolutely loved relief society and our friend Ron came just in time and enjoyed sacrament meeting!! We visited Brother Shepard who told us some good war stories and the Mansfields who have an adorable bunny! Then we had a powerful lesson with Enrique about the Plan of Salvation an amazing lesson with our new friend Jj who shared some great experiences that are too long to put in here... 

"A powerful testimony does not depend on eloquence or the volume of your voice—but on the conviction and sincerity of your heart. Be careful not to rush or dramatize your testimony. Give people a chance to feel the Holy Ghost bear witness to them that what you have taught is true." PMG ch. 10

I love how powerful testimonies are no matter how profound they are, they always invite the spirit! I hope you all look for opportunities to share your testimony this week!!!

There's my week, hopefully this was filled with miracles and you got to see God's working in your life!! 

Pics: Elder Fields, The cross,Alexis and our gifts from her, Nichole/ Nancy, Mansfields and cute bunny










No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Elder Reynolds