Hello friends and family!!! I hope you all had an amazing new years celebration, and a fantastic week!!
Monday was an awesome Christmas! I got to talk to my family and open some awesome presents and hang out with the district!!!! Then I went to the Nevilles for dinner and had a fun time with them! Such great food, with such great people!
Tuesday we had district council which is always fun! I got a lot of good insights on how to help some of our friends progress. Mainly just give them more personalized commitments and ask questions to allow them to teach themselves! We had an awesome lesson with our friend Angel and he is preparing for baptism which is exciting. Then we were able to meet Chad, who is super humble, and was excited to read the Book of Mormon!
Wednesday was awsome! I was on an exchange with Elder Riddle, and we had a handful of awesome lessons! Janarose is super open and has family in the church, Stephen met with missionaries a while ago, but is ready to learn now! We also made the mistake of knocking a wealthier area and that didn't work too well for us.
Thursday we had another awesome visit with Angel, we really focused on the power of the spirit and how we can rely on it to receive answers to our questions! Nothing else too exciting happened except walking around talking to people!
Friday we had another exchange and I was with Elder Randall. We had a really good day! We went to stop by a member, they weren't home, but we met Alexis who had just lost her dad earlier this year and we were able to share a message of peace with her! Then we had a really great lesson when our friend Jennifer and taught her all about the Plan God has for her!
Saturday I spent the day in Oxnard on an exchange with Elder Edwards!!!!! We taught one of their friends that was Baptized yesterday, and found 2 families for them to teach!!! I learned a lot about effective ways to teach and was reminded the power and spirit that a testimony can bring!
Sunday was great!!! All the talks were very uplifting and focused on keeping Jesus Christ in our minds as we set goals and make plans for the new year! I'm excited to set goals and improve this year! We were able to attend a baptism and our friend Isaiah loved it and is looking forward to working towards baptism! Then we got to have an awesome dinner with the Knudsen family and had a good time talking with them!!
Mormon 9:27
"O then despise not, and wonder not, but hearken unto the words of the Lord, and ask the Father in the name of Jesus for what things soever ye shall stand in need. Doubt not, but be believing, and begin as in times of old, and come unto the Lord with all your heart, and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling before him."
As we move into this new year, I invite you all to listen to the words of Jesus Christ, turn to Him and recognize the true peace and upliftment that Jesus Christ has to offer!!!
Pics:
1. Elder Edwards
2. Cool Mural
3. Elder Riddle
4. California views
5. Christmas
6. Awesome Christmas present
7. Elder Randall







No comments:
Post a Comment