Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Zone Conference

 What is up family and friends!!! I had another amazing week, I hope you did as well!!!! 

Wednesday: Played football again and had a fun time and then I got to play pickleball for the first time in a long time and it was so fun!!! Then we had an amazing visit with the Lundquists! We talked about the power of prayer with them and the blessings that come from praying!!!
Thursday: We had a very nice visit with our friend Monica and shared with her the Book of Mormon and she said she will come to church one of these next weeks, so hopefully she does! Then we were able to have a great phone call visit with our friends Lori, who knows God has been there for her in her life,  and is excited to find the truth! Then we were able to go to sports night and a couple of our friends came and had a good time!! 
Friday: Zone Conference!!!! I loved seeing missionaries that I have served around before and catching up with them!! President Rodriguez talked how we can feel like we are successful, as well as the importance of finding joy in the work! Then the AP's talked about involving the members in the work and helping them see that they are important. So to all those who are reading this, work with the missionaries in your area!!!! Then me E. Cosentino, S. Mansfield, and S. Brown talked about the importance of being accountable to God at the end of each day, each week, and ultimately at the end of our missions and lives! After Zone conference we met with our recent converts Bryton and Brizieda which is always fun!!! 
Saturday: Exchange day!!!! I was with Elder Richardson for the day and we had a blast!! We stopped by a lot of our potentials and had a great lesson with our friend Maggie! She took the restoration so well and is excited to read the Book of Mormon and meet with us again!!  The Spirit was so strong in the lesson and it is amazing to see the spirit touch those that we are teaching and see the change in them!! 
Sunday: We had our friend Fernando come to church and he loved the primary program! He wants to come back this week and enjoy the spirit that is within each meeting!! Unfortunately we are going to have to pass him off to the Elders in Thousand Oaks, but it'll be awesome to hear how he progresses!! 
Monday: We had an amazing district council focused on the importance of asking the right questions, listening to our friends, and allowing the spirit to fill our mouths with what to say!!! It was such a spirit filled discussion! We also talked about the power of the Book of Mormon and relying on it to change our friends lives! 
Tuesday: We had an amazing lesson with our friend Lori, she connected with our members that we brought and it was cool to see the softening of her heart and see her realize that God led her to us, so that she can find true joy in life and have the light that she sees in me, my companion, and our members!!! One of our  members made a Mexican lasagna and it was soooo good!! Then we were able to call the right people and set up a couple of visit for this week!! 
This week I read in Colossians chapter 3 and I love what Paul has to say in verse 4: "And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness." 
As I was reading this I love how as we are charitable, we become perfected. We are becoming more like Christ! So I hope that you all may continue to develop the attribute of charity and become perfected through Christ!!!!! Pics: 
Brother Phillips
Elder Novac
Elder Tate
Cool Sky 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Elder Reynolds