Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Conference, Councils and Companions

Hello friends and family I hope your week was amazing, let's jump into mine!!!

Wednesday: We played 4 on the couch as a district and it was really fun and we got to know the new missionaries more! Then our lesson with Angel and Junior fell through so we stopped by some other friends and got a "It's the Mormons" then a porch light turning off... 

Thursday: We helped out a less-active member move and he had a lot of stories from his mission that were crazy. Then we had a great lesson with Gary who is still progressing well towards his date of Oct. 21!!! 

Friday: Exchange day!! I was with Elder Mansfield for the day here in Moorpark and we had a lot of fun and found a lot of success. We knocked around 10am and I wasn't super optimistic about it, but we had a good conversations with Alex and Oscar at their house, and Alex has since dropped us, but Oscar still seems pretty interested. Then I had a total mission moment where I just had a feeling to knock on a door as we passed it. We met Monica who took a Restoration Pamphlet and said she couldn't wait to learn more!!! Then we had a great visit with our Friend Arnold who said we could come over and watch Conference, then canceled. We also met Corina who took a book of Mormon and is super awesome!! 

Saturday: General Conference!!! I loved it so much and enjoyed all of the uplifting messages! After each sessison of conerence we just went out and invited as many people as possible to watch it!! My favorite session on Saturday was probably the morning session, there were some powerful talks in that session!! 

Sunday: More Conference!!! It was such a great day and it was awesome going out and testifying to people about modern day Prophets and Apostles right after hearing from them!!! Then we had a great dinner with the Hosking family, dessert with the Satterwhite family and then an amazing visit with the Zierenberg family!! 

Monday: Exchange day!!!! But first we had a great district council! Me and Elder Cosentino gave a discusison on gifts and talents that we all have that God has given us to touch the lives of those in our areas! Then I was with Elder Sturgeon in my area and had another really fun day! We talked to a girl name Kylie who was reallly cool, took a Book of Mormon and watched the 3 Nephi 11 video! We talked to a lot of awesome people and I learned a lot from Elder Sturgeon! 

Tuesday: MLC a missionary meeting with President Rodriguez took up most of our day, but at the meeting President Rodriguez talked a lot about haviing an eternal perspective and seeing things in the bigger picture!! Then we went to stop by our friend Arnold, he was on the phone and told us to take a lap around the loop, so we did. We met Kamal who is a super sweet lady who wants a youth group for her son and he will be attending youg mens next week! 

That is my week, the highlight was definitely General Conference, and President Nelson's talk on thinking Celestial!! 

While reading an old Conference talk by Marvin J. Ashton I came across this quote: 

"Contention stops progress. Love brings eternal progression." I love the thought that love brings eternal progression. Love to our family, love to our friends, love to the random person that cuts us off(happens all the time in California), but it all helps us progress and learn for eternity!!! 

Pics: 

1. District Council

2. Fantastic missionaries

3. Elder Mansfield

4. Goodbye to Elder Anderson

5. Elder Sturgeon

6. Love Jack and the Book of Mormon








No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Elder Reynolds