What's up friends and family!!! I had an awesome week, I hope you did as well!!!
Wednesday: I had an amazing opportunity to go to the Los Angeles Temple and help clean out some old carpet, as well as lay the sod on a small portion of the temple. It was such a cool experience and I'm grateful I was able to do that! Then I was given a full preparation day to relax and talk to my family!
Thursday: Had a great service project out on a farm that was really fun, then an awesome lesson with 2 of our friends(Gary amd Diane). They have some doubts about baptism so please pray for them!!!! We were also able to put our friend Aubriana on date for baptism in September, so we're excited to see how she progresses!
Friday: I was able to be with Elder Cosentino, the man who taught me how to be a missionary. We had an awesome day in Thousand Oaks. We helped some non members move, packaged a bunch of meals for the homeless. Then to end off the day, we went to a park and there was a group of people playing soccer. I was a little hesitant to ask to play, but as we were walking over, one of the players left, I got to jump in and play. It was so fun and took me back to playing in high-school!!! Plus they all are going to the sports night on Thursday!!!!
Saturday: Walk day was amazing! We found a hand full of people by just walking, then as we were asking past McDonalds we saw Josiah. He's good friends with one of our members and has came to church twice. We were able to give him Book of Mormon, and he's excited to read it!! Then I was able to message a couple people on Facebook and start teaching them!!
Sunday: Started the day off by going to Life Spring church that an inactive member has started to attend. They have some good music, but not centered in Jesus Christ enough for me lol. Our ward was really good. There were some talks about seeing things with an eternal perspective and knowing that God has a plan for us!
Monday: We had an amazing District Council on the Christlike attributes and how when we develop them we become better teachers and are able to help our friends progress quicker. We knocked a couple doors, but nothing much came of it....
Tuesday: 20th birthday was a great one! Worked really hard talked to some nice people that just weren't interested, helped out at the good ole foodshare, then had an awesome member visit with the Morrissette family! Then I was visited by missionaries in my zone that gave me Tostinos pizzas, Reeses, and a nice pink crown! I also received a great package frome home(thanks Reynolds family)!!
1 Peter 1:7-9
"That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ"
I love how our trials help us grow closer to Jesus Christ and are worth more than anything we can obtain becuase of what we gain from going through them!! Hold onto Jesus Christ no matter what your going through!!!
Love you all have an amazing week! P.S. Thank you for all the birthday wishes you are amazing!!!
Pics:
1-4. Temple!!!!
5. Birthday
6. Matching ties(thanks mom)






No comments:
Post a Comment