Thursday, May 25, 2023

Long Week & Sweet Treats!



Monday(May 14): Found out that I was staying in Paso and Elder Clawson was heading to Lompoc. So now I have Elder Tate!!!! For the final preparation on a Monday, and we went frisbee golfing as a district at a winery and it was way fun!! That night we went and had a visit with the Holloway family! They are super sweet and love having the missionaries over!!! 

Tuesday(May15): Transfer day was a blast! Woke up at 5 got to the Santa Maria builidng by 6:15, chilled there til about 10, met Elder Tate, drove back to Paso, and got to work!! Had a great lesson with our friend Isabella, who is the sweetest little girl, and has the strongest testimoy of prayer!! Then street contacted downtown and had an amazing experience! Walked into a candy store looked around, asked for help finding something weird, the girl helped us, asked why we were dressed up, we told her why, she had been struggling with finding God. She asked one basic thing she should know, and we were able to bear powerful testimony that she is a daughter of God and that He loves her!! She totally felt the Spirit and were meeting with her this week!!! 

Wednesday: First District Council of the transfer, talked about looking for unplanned opportunities to serve others and our companions, went tracting and met some nice people, and sent a Book of Mormon to someone on Facebook!!! 

Thursday: Had 3 lessons fall through... But worked through it, talked to some less-actives who are looking to get back, and tracted around them! And got to talk to my amazing sister, shout out to Alison!!! 

Friday: Did some service, had an amazing lesson with our fried Tim, super amazing guy who has a testimony, but is scared to make the commitment of baptism, pray for him!! Then we had an amazing visit with the Sorensons, felt the spirit so strong, I love the gospel!!!! 

Saturday: Got to use the amazing Spanish skills that I have, invited 6 people to English class, and set up a return appointment with a Hispanic man and his son who speaks English!!! 

Sunday: Great Sunday, loved church, introduced Elder Tate to the ward, tracted and met some very nice people, but they weren't too interested. We had an amazing missison zoom about using social media, and the miracles that come! 

Monday: Weirdest day of my mission, no preparation day because of the switch. District Council was awesome, focused on using the scriptures as well as relying on the spirit!! We did service in 95 degree weather(would not recommend).


Tuesday: Busy day, started with studies, then had a lesson fall through with Tim, but went by his house, met some less active members who want us over for dinner!!!!! Then I had the opportunity to dedicate a home, which was a cool experience and I was definitely guided by the Spirit!!! And unfortunately our lesson we set up on Wednesday didn't go through....

Hope you all had a great week, I am loving Paso Robles, and I love this scripture, "But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God."(Acts 20:24) We all must testify of the grace of God, no fear, temptation, or doubts should get in our way!!! 

Love you all, sorry this email is ginormous 


Pics: 

1. Elder Clawson

2. Elder Tate and treat from candy store

3. District 

4. District frisbee golf









No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Elder Reynolds