Monday: For our district activity we went to the driving range, hit some balls, drove the golf cart around, and then got donuts afterwards! Had a great visit with the Badurek family that night!!!
Tuesday: Had District Council about diligence and how to make sure that all we do is to help others come closer to Christ and make contacts more meaningful! Then we had our lesson with Judy, talked a lot about the restoration, prophets of old and how our prophets today are the same. Later that day we did a lot of stop by's and tried to contact those who haven't talked with missionaries in a while!
Wednesday: Finished daily planning and I got a call from someone that I had been messaging from Nigeria. He wanted to know more about how he can grow his relationship with God, I shared about the Book of Mormon helping me and he wanted one. So I got his address and sent the referral to the missionaries in his area. They met with him on Saturday! Got in contact with Rick Butler, someone who has been taught in the past but hasn't shown much interest. We talked to him for about 15 minutes and he expressed interest in attending church(didn't come this week but we'll get him)!
Thursday: Did service for Trish, a super sweet old woman, had a zoom about Rootstech, weekly planned and set some sweet goals for the week, texted a lot of people about Rootstech, met with the Crain family who are super nice and the Congelliere's who are also sweet!
Friday: Had a lot of finding time today, met a lot of nice people, who weren't super interested in our message, but took some interest in Rootstech, so hopefully after that event they will want to learn more about the church! Got in contact with Jenna who had talked to missionaries in the past, but never been taught. She really wants to learn more about our church!! Met with the Lewis family who was awesome, as well as the Boyce family who are great too!!!
Saturday: Walk day!!! Walked a lot,and talked to a lot of people! While we were walking around we saw two rolly chairs outside of a garage, asked them if we could take them, they let us go back after we were done walking around. When we picked it up we talked to Doug, who has had friends' serve missions, isn't too interested in joining a religion, but said we could go back!! So now I can study in a nice chair!!!
Sunday: We had talks on the love the God and Jesus Christ have for us and what we need to do to better feel that love. I loved the lesson on "Overcome the World and Find Rest" by President Russel M. Nelson. I love this quote, "The truth is that it is much more exhausting to seek happiness where you can never find it! However, when you yoke yourself to Jesus Christ and do the spiritual work required to overcome the world, He, and He alone, does have the power to lift you above the pull of this world" So I challenge you all to find a way to better yoke yourself with the Savior(study the scriptures more, attend the temple, pray often, etc.) I know that your burdens will become lighter and you will be able to overcome the world!! Later that night we had a visit with the Busch's!!!
Pics: Golf, Cool motorhome, Cool sunset(I wasn’t driving don't worry), Mini telephone booth!, Someone cracked the outside of the mirror while backing out(not me) lol.





No comments:
Post a Comment