Monday, August 8, 2022

Just Another Week in the Mission

 Monday: Preparation day was so much fun and it was my first in the field which I was excited about. We started by going to the church and sending some emails. Then we went bowling with our district and it was a blast. I won the first game and we weren't able to finish the second because of time. Then we went back to the church and talked with our families and emailed some more. And talking to my family was awesome to hear what they are doing back home. Then we just hungout at church for a while before going shopping, which for it being my first time figuring out what to eat for the week I think I did a pretty good job. 

Tuesday: When we woke up Elder Cosentino wasn't feeling so good, but we got a call from some elders in the zone and they wanted help with service so we went and Elder Cosentino took it easy but after an hour needed to go home and rest. While he rested I read some good conference talks. Then I went on exchanges with Elder Chang(zone leader) and we went to his area's ward BBQ which was nice. And it was nice to get it out of the house!!! And I got my first package while being out which has a lot of cool stuff about fear, and how to get rid of it!!!! 

Wednesday: We had exchanges today and I went with Elder MaCurdy. He us a super good missionary and has been out for a while now. We went and did member visits and just got to know each other really well! Then we had a really good Book of Mormon study with a non member and it was an awesome time! I learned a lot from him and look forward to serving around him for the next little bit!!!

Thursday: Did our weekly plan and set some good goals that will push us and help us to be better missionaries. We also came up with some ideas to make finding fun so I can't wait to try those out. We did some service, and it was a really nice day! Had one lesson with Jorge and he asked some good questions at the end that we are answering next week!!!

Friday: We had a district council and that was way fun! Learned a lot about how to give commitments and how to respond when people keep them or break them. It was a pretty normal day until we street contacted, and we came across some kids our age who were drinking who wanted to talk to us. I was skeptical at first but we had a good conversation and me and Elder Cosentino got to answer some of their questions. Then when we got home we did a puzzle! 

Saturday: It started off a little slow, then we went on facebook and I started a conversation with a guy named Juiceman Juwan, and he is super cool, and has given me really cool ideas on how to be better at kendama, and hopefully we can start talking about the gospel soon!! Then we walked around at 3pm and it was so hot, and not worth it cause we didn't see anyone. Then we had a member visit, and she is so cool, but her husband is a non member but loves the missionaries. 

Sunday: I enjoyed all the testimonies from both the YSA ward, and the family ward. Then we got a call from a guy who used to serve here who was thinking about a lady he used to teach and thought that we should stop by, we did and she had been missing the missionaries and we are going back tomorrow to do some service and meet with her again!!!  

Pics:

1. Bowling on Preparation day I won!!

2. Puzzle we did

3. Package from home, FEAR NOT!!

4. Weird guy I drew

5. Lemon Park

6. Pretty sky








No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Home Elder Reynolds